Fancy a couple looks that have your fellow club-goers dazzled? BB and Candie Lee have devised some disco ball inspired looks to have your nails and eyes as glitzy as your outfit on your night out! From BB we have a disco ball nail tutorial and from Candie Lee an eye look to match.
For the disco ball nails, you will need:
- A loose sequin/glitter in silver, although you can use any colour you like! We have used the silver glitter from this set with an amazing colour variety found on Amazon.co.uk.
- A white OR black base colour. We have used a white, Blanc by Essie (first polish on the list if you click the link)
- An eyeliner pencil
- Nourishing top and base coat, we would recommend Essie Good to Go for a top coat and O.P.I Nail Envy for a base.
Start with a base of your white or black, make sure that you’ve done two coats so it’s nice and “tacky” for you to stick the sequins to and let it dry for about 20 seconds, then use your eye pencil to pick up a sequin. Using tweezers to pick it up will be difficult, the pencil allows you to pick it up without fiddling around because it sticks very easily! The nail polish will be almost dry but still a bit sticky, it’ll be easy enough to stick a sequin down and also easy move it if you don’t place it in the right place. Keep going and sticking them down making sure that the sides line up so they create a tile-like pattern. Finish with your high gloss top coat. Voilà!
And here’s Candie Lee’s Eye look to match! looks great with the tiny stick on gems! The products Candie uses for this particular look are:
- Illamasqua neutral palette
- Carbon black eyeshadow by Mac
- Barry M dazzle dust in silver
- Rimmel eyeliner pen in black
- Rimmel coal pencil in black
- All brushes by Real Technique
- Stick on gems from Superdrug
- Urban decay cream foundation